HISTORY

• Across the street from the notable Bradbury Building

 

• The Douglas Building is the legacy of T.D. Stimson, (1827 - 1898) a lumber baron turned real estate tycoon who cultivated commercial development in Los Angeles during the 1890s.

• Designed in 1898 by San Francisco architects, James and Merritt Reid, the Douglas Building was envisioned by Stimson as a jewel in the world of office buildings. 

 

• Across the street was the Stimson Block, an awe-inspiring 42-room boarding house, and on either side, glitzy two and three-story structures with retail stores on the ground floor. 

 

• In the early part of the 19th Century, Spring Street bustled with activity and commerce, horse-drawn carriages and bicyclists skirted noisy street cars transporting shoppers and businessmen up and down the wide streets of Downtown. 

 

• The Douglas Building “was considered among Los Angeles’ greatest office buildings and commanded the highest rentals. In its early years, it housed the chief ticket office of the Southern Pacific Railroad.”

© This website is not associated with Developer, Property Management Company, or Home Owner's Association. 
Call 877-4LA-LOFTs. Copyright © 2000-2020 Realty Source, Inc.

All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
Properties subject to prior sale or rental. 

 

Broker Info:

#01523891 Realty Source Inc,  877-452-LOFT
Fax: 1 213-232-7778

 

 

This site was designed with the
.com
website builder. Create your website today.
Start Now